Science Instructional Specialist
The goals are to provide meaningful, ongoing professional development (PD) and support for K-12 teachers, which focuses on professional learning practice that increases educator effectiveness and therefore increases student understanding of science phenomenon.
The PD andsupport uses research-basedmethods that mirror those needed in the classroom and are designed to
- · Enhance instructional practices
- · Support inquiry science
- · Build reading and writing skills & strategies set forth by Common Core State Standards for Literacy in Science, & Technical Subjects
- · Prepare teachers for the implementation of the New Arkansas Science Standards
- · Build content and pedagogical content knowledge, skills and practice
- · Facilitatethe development of professional learning communities
- · Support teacher leadership
- · Align with state and district priorities.
I am available to support the needs of teachers as professionals and adult learners,including
- · Science notebooks
- · Informational writing
- · Classroom observations
- · Performance assessments
- · Disciplinary Literacy in Science
- · Content knowledge,
- · Teacher resources & materials
- · Technology
- · Standards based lesson construction
- · Literacy Design Collaborative (LDC) for Science & Technical Subjects
- · Assisting teachers in their instructional decision-making.