Community Tobacco-Free Specialist
The Dawson Education Cooperative is now accepting resumes for a grant-funded, full-time Community Tobacco-Free Specialist. The Community Tobacco-Free Specialist will accomplish tobacco-free work through education and cessation services via county fairs, health fairs, festivals, wellness coalitions, school districts, businesses, industries, and universities.
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Strong organizational skills, maintenance of financial records
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Grant Writing Experience Preferred
DESC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Arkansas Department of Education
Special Education Unit
The Co-Teaching Project has an immediate opening for a Co-Teaching Coordinator. This is a leadership position that will be working with districts to support co-teaching implementation and coordinate co-teaching professional development and technical assistance at the state, educational service cooperative, district, and school levels. The project is managed by the Dawson Education Service Cooperative, which directly employs the Co-Teaching Coordinator.
The Coordinator must be a lifelong learner who is committed to increasing effective collaboration between general and special education for the purpose of improving the academic and social successes of students with disabilities. The consultant's responsibilities include coordinating the Arkansas Co-Teaching Project, serving as a professional developer, participating in collaborative projects related to special education, facilitating groups involved in system change, and providing consultative support to teachers, administrators, and parents relative to students with disabilities.
The Co-Teaching Coordinator will participate and provide leadership in the following areas:
Collaborates with the ADE Special Education Unit and the project's professional development team to develop and implement a shared vision and mission for the AR Co-Teaching Project.
- Collects and uses data to identify goals and to assess project's organization effectiveness.
- Creates and implements plans to achieve goals.
- Promotes continuous and sustainable improvement of co-teaching professional development activities.
- Assesses, analyzes, and anticipates emerging trends and initiatives in order to enhance the project's effectiveness.
- Collaborates with Dawson Cooperative and the ADE Special Education Unit to efficiently monitor and utilize fiscal resources.
- Generates reports of project activities as needed for the Dawson Cooperative and the ADE Special Education Unit in a timely manner.
- Builds and sustains productive relationships with staff from school districts, cooperatives, and ADE.
- Advocates for serving students with disabilities in the least restrictive environments (LRE).
Managing Co-Teaching Professional Development Team
Recruits individuals with expertise in the co-teaching model and/or system change to serve on the team.
- Develops the instructional and leadership capacity of team members.
- Collaborates with team to develop assessment and accountability systems to improve effectiveness of team.
- Develops the capacity for distributed leadership within team.
- Collaborates with team to assign professional development and coaching responsibilities and follows up on outcomes.
Professional Development Activities
Promotes co-teaching professional development opportunities.
- Provides co-teaching resources and technical assistance on request
- Collaborates with project professional development team to identify critical components needed to implement the co-teaching model with fidelity.
- Collaborates with project professional development team to design professional development activities that are skill based, incorporate adult learning principles, and are based on analysis of evaluation data.
- Promotes use of implementation evaluation processes to guide professional development decisions.
Master's degree (or above) in education (or a related field) with licensure/certification in elementary or secondary education (preferred special education license and/or experience)
- experience in school coaching and the implementation of co-teaching at the classroom and/or school levels;
- knowledge and experience in implementing statewide initiatives;
- a working knowledge of systems change and implementation science; and
- the professional and personal skills needed to provide professional development and technical assistance services to state, regional, and district level teams in urban and rural settings.
This is a full-time, 12-month (240 day) position with a salary and benefits package that is competitive. The position will be based in Little Rock and is available July 1, 2018. Travel to participating schools and districts across the state should be anticipated.
The review of applications will begin on Monday, April 2, 2018. An interview will be required. Interested applicants should apply (or direct questions) via e-mail to: Jennifer Gonzales, SSIP Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following application material is requested:
A current vitae/resume with educational background, work experience, and other relevant work information;
- A statement detailing the individual's professional experience, knowledge, and skills that are related/relevant to the position;
- A salary history; and
- Three professional references (with contact e-mails and phone numbers).
The Dawson Education Service Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.