Behavior Support Specialist
The Dawson Education Service Cooperative is now accepting applications for a K-12 Behavior Support Specialist (BSS) for the 2020-2021 school year. The Behavior Support Specialist assists school districts in Arkansas with the training, coaching, implementation and alignment of evidence-based behavioral practices.
- The BSS must have a Master’s degree (or above) in Applied Behavior Analysis, Special Education, School Psychology, Speech Language Pathology or related field.
- A Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) as verified through the Behavior Analysis Certification Board is preferred. If not currently enrolled in a BCBA verified course sequence, candidate must be willing to enroll in a program within the first year of employment and complete all requirements necessary for the BCBA certification within four years of employment.
- Experience in a K-12 school environment training and coaching educators using adult learning principles is preferred.
- Expert knowledge and experience completing Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA), function-based intervention planning and development of Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP).
- Significant experience working with students with problem behaviors and autism is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA) and other special education laws, regulations and procedures.
Please contact Billie Garlin at email@example.com for a listing of Behavior Support Specialist specific job responsibilities.
Terms of Employment:
Salary based on a 200-day contract. Placement on the salary scale is based upon experience/education and competitive within Education Service Cooperative guidelines.
The position will be based at the Dawson Education Service Cooperative and is available July 1, 2020. Travel to participating districts and cooperatives across the state should be anticipated. This position reports directly to the Director of Dawson ESC and the Behavior Support Specialist Coordinator.
The following application material is requested:
- A current vitae/resume with educational background, work experience, and other relevant work information;
- A statement detailing the individual’s professional experience, knowledge, and skills that are related/relevant to the position;
- A copy of a redacted Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) and Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP) written by the candidate.
- A salary history; and
- Three professional references (with contact emails and phone numbers).
Provide application material to Dawson Education Cooperative, ATTN: Darin Beckwith, Director, 711 Clinton Street, Arkadelphia, AR 71923 or Billie Garlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Behavior Support Specialist Job Responsibilities:
The Behavior Support Specialist will:
- Provide professional development on evidence-based behavioral practices at the Educational Service Cooperative (ESC), individual districts or other ESC as needed;
- Train and coach districts participating in the BX3 project, a state-wide initiative designed to build the local capacity of districts in working effectively with students with problem behaviors;
- Consult with districts to assist with Functional Behavioral Assessments (FBAs) and the development of Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) if needed for individual students through the CIRCUIT referral process;
- Provide modeling and coaching around the implementation of evidence-based behavioral practices;
- Assist districts with the completion of Autism identification through the CIRCUIT referral process;
- Collaborate with other BSS to develop professional development on evidence-based practices;
- Establish and maintain effective consultative working relationships with colleagues, district administrators, district staff, and other consultant groups;
- Adhere to predetermined timelines, multi-task between projects and respond to work requests based upon priority and complexity;
- Access current technology relative to communication, data collection and analysis, and reporting;
- Understand state and federal regulations relative to behavioral requirements and students with disabilities;
- Familiarize self with most recent research/practice in applied behavior analysis, evidence-based practices and high leverage practices;
- Maintain accurate records and files, and prepare documents and reports;
- Complete all reports required by the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), Educational Service Cooperative (ESC) and BSS Coordinator;
- Work collaboratively with BSSs in other ESCs to meet the goals set forth in the grant application;
- Travel outside of the ESC area to attend all monthly BSS meetings, train and coach BX3 teams, provide professional development, assist with CIRCUIT cases and other duties as set forth by the BSS Coordinator and/or DESE-Special Education Unit.
- Attend (in-state/out-of-state) professional development to receive CEUs related to BCBA in order to maintain certification.
The Dawson Education Cooperative is taking applications for the position of Science Specialist.
This person will be housed at the Dawson Education Cooperative in Arkadelphia. Minimum
qualifications include three or more years of classroom experience in teaching science;
knowledge of current research and effective practices in standards-based curriculum, instruction
Note: Applicants will be asked to do a 5 to 8 minute presentation on any current topic in the area
of science to demonstrate presentation skills.
Send a resume to Dawson Education Cooperative, ATTN: Darin Beckwith, 711 Clinton Street
Arkadelphia, AR 71923 or Billie Garlin at email@example.com.
This position is open until filled.
Dawson Co-op is an EOC employer.
Sports Medicine Instructor (High School)
Virtual Arkansas is seeking to hire an experienced candidate to serve as an instructor of Sports Medicine for the 2020-2021 school year. The individual hired will be asked to provide instruction, guidance, and personalized student support in a digital, online environment. VA Teachers are asked to monitor student progress through the Virtual Arkansas learning management system and work actively with students, parents, and local school personnel to advance each student’s academic achievement.
- Applicants must possess a valid Arkansas teaching license which lists code 625.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or higher degree in the career area to be taught and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the career or technical area to be taught.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or high school equivalency credential and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the career or technical area to be taught.
- Proven experience in a related field.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Reside in the state of Arkansas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Providing instruction and monitoring student progress.
- Planning and preparation of digital lessons
- Effectively utilize the learning management system and student information system to communicate with and provide assignment and assessment feedback to students.
- Provide intervention and support to students as needed and required.
- Maintaining the virtual classroom environment.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders (e.g. students, parents, colleagues, facilitators, etc.) for the purpose of establishing and maintaining rapport and positive relationships while focusing on high expectations and continuous improvement for student learning
- Provide required 504/IEP/ELL accommodations and modifications as specified for identified students
- Maintaining professional responsibilities.
- Completing other duties consistent with online, digital teaching.
- Be available for a full instructional day Monday through Friday 8:00 – 3:30.
- Applicants may reside in any location within the state of Arkansas where robust internet connectivity is present.
- This position will be employed through the Dawson Education Cooperative with the salary being aligned to the Dawson Education Virtual Arkansas Teacher salary schedule.
- Contract beginning date is July 1, 2020.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, please send a resume to James.firstname.lastname@example.org or a paper copy can be mailed to the following address:
Attention of James Malcom
Dawson Education Cooperative
711 Clinton Street
Arkadelphia, AR 71923
If you have any questions about this position, please contact James Malcom via phone at email@example.com.
HIPPY Home Based Educator Position
High School Diploma or equivalent, CDA-Child Development, A.A. in Early Childhood or higher degree in early Childhood. Be able to Identify with the community in which you serve.
Must have dependable transportation. Daily travel to recruited HIPPY families required. HIPPY families must be served in their homes and not In the HIPPY office unless first approved by the Coordinator in writing. Mileage reimbursement is provided with the approval supporting documents submitted to the Coordinator and through our computer based system. Mileage is submitted at the beginning of each month for the previous months home visits.
Role Play is the only form of curriculum delivery. HIPPY works with the parents in the home and not the child. HIPPY home visits will last on average 45-60 minutes depending on the curriculum age.
Weekly Staff training In Bryant is mandatory unless there is prior approval from the Coordinator. Training begins at 9:00 a.m. and can last until 3:00 p.m. Weekly in-home packets and prop bags will be required for training.
30 hours of professional development is required per year. Travel to Little Rock and other cities will be required to fulfill these hours for training.
Must be organized, have time management skills and be willing to work independently. You will not be in an office setting with other employees during your week therefore self-motivation Is crucial.
Have good oral communication, reading and writing skills. Read with expression and enthusiasm.
Computer skills are needed to perform basic data entry for mileage reimbursement, documentation of home visits, and more duties that may be assigned by the Coordinator.
Be comfortable visiting in family homes of the community of all social-economic backgrounds. Must be able to work with dads as well as moms in curriculum role play. A Caseload of 27 families is required. Retention of families is very important.
Plan and Implement monthly parent meetings. This includes set-up, duties during the event and clean up. The meetings can take place day or evening.
Assist with program requirements and other duties as assigned by the Coordinator.
Professional In behavior, attitude and appearance. Enjoy being around people. Collect materials accurately. Turn in required forms on time. Inform Coordinator of Changes in Schedule.
Please send resumes or questions to Cindy Rowlan - firstname.lastname@example.org
ABC Preschool Paraprofessional Position
Hot Springs Area - Garland County ABC Consortium
CDA or AA in early childhood
Please send resumes or questions to Shasta Pentecost at email@example.com