POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
November 13, 2018
Closing Date: November 19, 2018
(Position will close from date of listing or until filled. Application review will begin on November 19, 2018).
Title: Early Childhood Special Education Coordinator
This position will provide direct support to district and educational cooperative early childhood special education programs; work collaboratively within the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) and across other agencies and stakeholder groups to build state capacity to support serving all children with disabilities more effectively in an inclusive setting; participate in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and regulations relative to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and other state and federal mandates for early childhood programs; develop sample templates and procedures for early childhood programs that elect to share responsibilities for the provision of a free appropriate public education; work with ADE and other agency staff to project the impact of programmatic and regulatory changes and make recommendations to the ADE regarding such changes; collect and analyze data to inform professional development and technical assistance needs of state and local programs and participate in the planning and coordination of professional development and technical assistance to meet those needs; participate in monitoring activities to ensure program compliance and the elimination of barriers that could negatively impact results for children with disabilities; and prepare written reports and guidance documents to support state and local programs.
Current Arkansas educator’s license; master’s degreein special education or a related field with an emphasis in early childhood specialeducation; minimum of five years’ experience in a coordinator or supervisor position related to early childhood education.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must possess a valid Arkansas driver’s license. Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements.
This position will be housed in Little Rock.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and current resume to:
Lisa Tyler, Director of Student Support Services
Arkansas Department of Education
4 Capitol Mall
Little Rock, AR 72201
The Poyen HIPPY Program is now accepting applications for a full-time position to complete the 2018-2019 program year. The Homebased Educator will work with parents of 3 and 4-year-old children. You must have dependable transportation to travel to the homes of the enrolled families. A Child Development Associate ( CDA) credential or higher is required. Please e-mail your resume email@example.com
Cindy Rowlan - 501-653-5611
Arkansas Better Chance (ABC) Positions
ABC Preschool Paraprofessional
South Pike County School District.
CDA (Child Development Associate) certification or AA in Early Childhood required
Part Time Pre-K Music Teacher Position
Garland County Schools Pre-K
Bachelors Degree in Music Education
Please send resumes to Tonja Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please
Managing Co-Teaching Professional Development Team
Recruits individuals with expertise in the co-teaching model and/or system change to serve on the team.
- Develops the instructional and leadership capacity of team members.
- Collaborates with team to develop assessment and accountability systems to improve effectiveness of team.
- Develops the capacity for distributed leadership within team.
- Collaborates with team to assign professional development and coaching responsibilities and follows up on outcomes.
Professional Development Activities
Promotes co-teaching professional development opportunities.
- Provides co-teaching resources and technical assistance on request
- Collaborates with project professional development team to identify critical components needed to implement the co-teaching model with fidelity.
- Collaborates with project professional development team to design professional development activities that are skill based, incorporate adult learning principles, and are based on analysis of evaluation data.
- Promotes use of implementation evaluation processes to guide professional development decisions.
Master's degree (or above) in education (or a related field) with licensure/certification in elementary or secondary education (preferred special education license and/or experience)
- experience in school coaching and the implementation of co-teaching at the classroom and/or school levels;
- knowledge and experience in implementing statewide initiatives;
- a working knowledge of systems change and implementation science; and
- the professional and personal skills needed to provide professional development and technical assistance services to state, regional, and district level teams in urban and rural settings.
This is a full-time, 12-month (240 day) position with a salary and benefits package that is competitive. The position will be based in Little Rock and is available July 1, 2018. Travel to participating schools and districts across the state should be anticipated.
The review of applications will begin on Monday, April 2, 2018. An interview will be required. Interested applicants should apply (or direct questions) via e-mail to: Jennifer Gonzales, SSIP Coordinator at: email@example.com
The following application material is requested:
A current vitae/resume with educational background, work experience, and other relevant work information;
- A statement detailing the individual's professional experience, knowledge, and skills that are related/relevant to the position;
- A salary history; and
- Three professional references (with contact e-mails and phone numbers).
The Dawson Education Service Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.