The purpose of the Dawson Education Cooperative ESOL Department is to implement programs and procedures that support teachers, administrators, and district programs in their service to English Learners(ELs) and their families. Dawson ESOL Department works in conjunction with the Arkansas Department of Education’s Division of Learning Services’ Curriculum and Instruction Unit and the Division of Public School Accountability’s Federal Programs Unit. The Dawson EL Specialist provides resources, professional development, and services to schools in their efforts to support ELs in English Language development for use in and out of school.
ARKTESOL (Click below to visit ARKTESOL site.)
Dawson will work with schools to:
- coordinate ESOL professional development training
- convene regional meetings of ESOL personnel to discuss strategies and share resources used to instruct ELs under the Arkansas State Standards
- implement the Arkansas English Language Proficiency Standards
- provide on-site technical assistance addressing ESOL techniques and strategies
- serve as a resource for school district personnel