Science Instructional Specialist
The goals are to provide meaningful, ongoing professional development (PD) and support for K-12 teachers, which focuses on professional learning practice that increases educator effectiveness and therefore increases student understanding of science phenomenon.
The PD and support uses research-based methods that mirror those needed in the classroom and are designed to:
- Enhance instructional practices
- Support inquiry science
- Build reading and writing skills & strategies set forth by Common Core State Standards for Literacy in Science, & Technical Subjects
- Prepare teachers for the implementation of the New Arkansas Science Standards
- Build content and pedagogical content knowledge, skills and practice
- Facilitate the development of professional learning communities
- Support teacher leadership
- Align with state and district priorities.
I am available to support the needs of teachers as professionals and adult learners, including:
- Science notebooks
- Informational writing
- Classroom observations
- Performance assessments
- Disciplinary Literacy in Science
- Content knowledge,
- Teacher resources & materials
- Standards based lesson construction
- Literacy Design Collaborative (LDC) for Science & Technical Subjects
- Assisting teachers in their instructional decision-making.