DESC Tobacco Prevention and Education Grant serves the county of Clark County. This includes the following schools: Arkadelphia, Amity/Centerpoint, and Gurdon, and higher education entities of Henderson State University and Ouachita Baptist University. As a community project, the scope of the grant serves the entire population and businesses of Clark County.
There are four main goals of the grant project. They are: 1. Preventing Initiation among Youth and Young Adults; 2. Promoting Quitting Among Adults & Youth; 3. Eliminating Exposure to Secondhand Smoke; and 4. Identifying and Eliminating Tobacco-Related Disparities.
- Arkansas Department of Health,
- Stamp Out Smoking,
- Arkansas Tobacco Settlement Commission
- Coalition for a Tobacco Free Arkansas
- and Tobacco Control Youth Board (TCYB)
- Youth Extinguishing Smoking (YES TEAM)
- Becoming a Healthy Clark County Coalition (BaHCC)